In June 2018, Toshiba client solutions Co., a notebook business, was launched by Toshiba. 80.1% of the issued shares of, Ltd were transferred to sharp, which also renamed the company DYNABOOK Inc. Toshiba recently announced that it holds DYNABOOK Inc. The remaining 19.9% of the shares have been transferred to sharp, DYNABOOK Inc. At this point, Toshiba completely withdrew from the notebook market.
the founder of the world’s first real notebook computer is Toshiba. The product was sold in 1985. The model t1100 is equipped with Intel 8096 processor with frequency less than 1MHz, 9-inch monochrome display screen, 720kb hard disk and 512k memory. The overall size is 12 * 2 * 11 inches and the weight is 2.9kg.
subsequently, Toshiba launched a number of epoch-making notebooks. In 1991, Toshiba released the first commercially available Toshiba t3200sxc with a color TFT display screen. It was equipped with Intel 386SX, frequency 20MHz, 1MB Memory, 120MB hard disk, and weight of 7.9kg.