Cuba imposed a strict blockade on the capital Havana on Saturday after the outbreak of the new outbreak rebounded, ordering the closure of restaurants, bars and swimming pools, suspending public transport and banning people from entering the beach.
Cuba relaxed the embargo last month after the number of confirmed cases reduced to just a few a day. But in the past two weeks, Cuba’s diagnosis has returned to April’s level. The Ministry of Health reported 59 new confirmed cases on Saturday and said the situation could become “out of control” if authorities do not act quickly.
Cuba’s health minister, Jos é Angel portal, said in a briefing on the epidemic on Saturday: “we are witnessing a new epidemic that puts the entire population at risk.”
Cuba’s free community-based health system and strict isolation of patients and their contacts have enabled Cuba to control the number of confirmed cases in its 11 million population to below 2900, according to the report.
However, the authorities blame the Cuban people for relaxing their vigilance after relaxing the blockade, failing to comply with social isolation regulations or wearing mandatory masks correctly in public places, and gathering in large numbers.
of the 59 new confirmed cases reported by Cuba on Saturday, 41 were imported from abroad, usually from Venezuela. According to the report, Cuba is not open to travel due to the epidemic, and most of the returnees may be 20000 health workers stationed in Venezuela.