According to Canadian radio and television, Canadian federal officials said that Canadian tax websites were hacked and 11200 accounts were hacked. Hackers used the loopholes to visit government websites and re issue emergency relief funds to themselves. Marc brouillard, chief information officer of the Secretariat of the Ministry of finance of Canada, said on the 17th that the attack was a form of “voucher filling”, in which hackers fraudulently obtained user names and passwords, and took advantage of the fact that many people used the same password on different accounts to gain benefits. Braulard said that thanks to the proper system, these attacks can be detected early and the impact on Canadians has been greatly reduced. In total, 11200 accounts were attacked, including more than 9000 gckey accounts and another 5600 CRA and gckey accounts, and almost half of CRA and gckey accounts were hacked, braulard said. Broward said that once the web page is found to be under threat, the affected accounts will be cancelled and the Department is now contacting the stolen users and providing instructions on how to receive the new gckey account. < p > < p > the CRA website and cgkey are secure online portals that provide employment insurance, welfare and immigration application services for Canadians. During the outbreak, Canadians received relief money through the website, which was also the main target of the attack. In early August, many Canadians received e-mails saying their user names, email addresses and direct deposit information had been changed, while benefits they had not applied for were being paid in their name. Annette butikofer, chief information officer of the Revenue Canada, said there had been three hacking attacks on the IRS website recently, the first on August 7. After the attack, the Inland Revenue Department contacted the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on August 11 and began to strengthen security measures. Canadian citizens were informed of the violations only after services were shut down after the tax department was attacked again this weekend. Butikoff said the “my business account” used by Canadian employers has been re launched through other security measures so that employers can apply for the latest round of emergency wage subsidies. She also said personal accounts are expected to resume operation in the middle of the week, and now all network services will be switched to telephone services. The CRA is sending notices to Canadians whose accounts have been compromised, which will explain how people will identify themselves and regain access. Any victim will be entitled to creditor protection. Novel coronavirus pneumonia, a Canadian federal fraud agency, revealed that in 2020, more than 13 thousand Canadians were victims of fraud, with a total sum of 51 million Canadian dollars (about 255 million yuan). 1729 of them were victims of new crown pneumonia fraud, and the total amount of money being deceived was 5 million 550 thousand yuan (about 27 million 750 thousand yuan).
(overseas website – Canada – Zhu Fengjie, Leng Xiaoxue)